Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ocean Life Nursery

Ahhh, I love this mural...it came out pretty much the way I wanted it to with the depth and layers and colors that really make it come together. Mostly it's the subject matter that is so wonderful - how can you not love the most beautiful creatures of the sea?

I painted this mural for some terrific clients who were expecting a baby - this was to be his room. I assume the little guy is happily enjoying his own personal ocean and undersea friends. This mural should last for many many years - I know I wish I had it painted somewhere in my house! Hmmm, maybe my bathroom?

The sea turtle mama and baby.


Blue tang fish and colorful corals of the ocean floor.


Vibrant orange clown fish and pensive crab.


Lovely, ethereal jellyfish floating above a young damselfish and flowing sea grasses.


One of my favorites...and ends up in most of my undersea murals - the moorfish with so much personality.


A flurry of activity on the ocean floor.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

how long did it take?

My Mid-Afternoon Daydream said...

3 days...a very intense 3 days :o)

And plenty of image research and picking my clients' brains for what they really wanted.